The principal aim of the Certificate 3 Guarantee is to assist working-age Queenslanders without a Certificate III or higher level qualification to access government subsidised training to complete a nationally recognised Certificate III level qualification.
Eligibility to receive subsidised training
To be eligible to enrol in the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective participants must:
- Be aged 15 years or above, and no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen,
- Not hold, or be enrolled in a Certificate III or higher level qualification*
- Employment status does not matter – a participant can be unemployed and seeking work, or be working on a full-time, part-time, self-employed or casual basis
*This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification is through a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship pathway. Certificate level III qualification completed at secondary school does not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee. For more information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee, visit the Training Queensland website at
Participants contribution fees
Under Certificate 3 Guarantee, concessional participants are defined as follows:
- The participant holds a Health Care concession card or pensioners concession card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card, and is named on the card
- The participant is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The participant is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include youth in detention)
- The participant has a disability
- The participant is an adult prisoner If applying for concessional rates the participant must provide evidence of concessional status to Northern Skills Alliance Inc. at enrolment.
Funded lower level training
The primary intent of the Certificate 3 Guarantee is the delivery and completion of Certificate III qualifications, which lead to employment outcomes. The delivery of lower-level training to eligible participants is permissible in exceptional circumstances when supported by evidence. Contact Northern Skills Alliance Inc. if you require more information on lower level training.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Participants Contribution Fee Refund Policy. Certificate 3 Guarantee Participants contribution refunds must be requested in writing 7 days prior to withdrawal. Withdrawal request must be made on the Withdrawal Request Form. This must be signed by the student and where applicable the referring 3rd Party. Units will be refunded on a unit-by-unit basis for all non-commenced units. Refunds will be processed via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) within 14 days of the request being received. If an offer of a place is withdrawn, or Northern Skills Alliance Inc. is unable to provide the program, the participant is eligible for a full or pro rata refund of fees paid within 14 days.